At Living Hope, we ask each person who calls this place home to serve in some manner. It is simply the outworking of what Scripture calls us to: Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing (1 Thessalonians 5:11); Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law (Romans 13:8). Our focus in serving is to follow the example of our Lord, and because of his work in us, to continue the work of his kingdom by serving and loving one another.
Click on the following opportunities to learn a little bit about each team. Once you’ve decided where you would like to serve, fill out the form below, and we will be in touch to help you plug in. With everyone actively serving, our church body will be in the position to effectively advance the gospel in our community and beyond.
We exist to support all the other teams in preparing the church for our Sunday services and ensuring they have everything they need for a smooth worship service. We do this by:
- Ensuring all areas of the building and aspects of the service are set and ready each Sunday morning
- Placing church signage prior to the service, and collecting signs afterwards
- Monitoring coffee table and supplies
- Ushers - taking up the offering each week and helping people find a seat
- Security - maintaining an awareness of potentially suspicious activity in the building
- Displaying a servant’s heart and having a willingness to do whatever may need done on a Sunday morning.
Living Hope Kids
Each week, we partner with the parents of Living Hope to hand the gospel to the next generation by providing ministry for children from birth through the high school years. We do this by:
- Ensuring parents know their kids are being well cared for and informing them about what they are learning.
- Maintaining a welcoming, safe and healthy environment for the children Serving multiple times per month during the service and/or Sunday School to fill a variety of roles including nursery, teaching children, and assisting in the classroom
- Informing a parent when diapers need changing or when other issues may arise with a child
As the only team that involves missing the worship service, you deeply bless the parents of Living Hope. We want to ensure that this is a safe, clean, & loving environment for our kids at all times. To support this, all people serving in Living Hope Kids must complete an application, have a current background check performed by the church, and be covenant members (or in process of becoming a member) here at Living Hope. We have a heart for children and are committed to partnering with parents to raise up these little ones in the way they should go.
Joining Guest Services means being the welcoming face of Living Hope to each guest that comes on a Sunday morning. We do this by:
- Making a positive first impression the moment new guests enter the church
- Directing people to the coffee, worship service, bathrooms, children’s ministry, or answering any questions they may have
- Distributing weekly bulletins
- Helping people get connected to the next steps at Living Hope (i.e. membership, community groups, Sunday school, Intro to Living Hope Class)
No matter where the community of Living Hope is gathered, it is our goal to help people feel welcomed and loved.
We labor to provide a beautiful, doctrinally sound, and God-glorifying worship service. We do this by:
- Leading worship through singing and playing music
- Rehearsing new songs, as a worship team, prior to the weekly service (when possible)
- Individually preparing prior to Sunday morning service
- Continuing to grow in both skill and spiritual vitality
- Ensuring that the sound system is thoroughly checked prior to the service
- Providing a seamless flow to the slides throughout the songs and the message
We are devoted to providing our church family with Christ-centered worship: from the songs, to the sound quality and service slides.
We know that unless the Lord builds the house those who labor do so in vain (Psalm 127:1) and therefore we will actively seek the Lord to provide all that Living Hope needs to fulfill the vision and mission God has called it to. We do this by:
- Praying consistently throughout the week for those on the prayer list and the ministry in general
- Maintaining prayer list (making necessary updates)
- Meeting before Sunday school at 8:40 to pray for the service, preaching of the Word, and ministries each week
As individuals with a desire to intercede for others, we are committed to bringing the requests of our church family before our Heavenly Father on a consistent basis.
Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality (Romans 12:13). We seek to provide for the needs of our community through acts of service and hospitality.
- Providing meals for families with new babies or illnesses
- Providing other services in order to assist families that need help (e.g. mowing lawns, grocery pick up, etc…)
- Help host and organize community meals (e.g. Easter & Christmas breakfasts)
We are eager to reach out to our church family and those in need, extending the love of Christ to them through tangible acts of hospitality.